WIMS> CIM> DMTF - Ballot 'CIMCoreCR00901 - Add new class CIM_PrintOutputTray to enhanced printer device model.' has closed

WIMS> CIM> DMTF - Ballot 'CIMCoreCR00901 - Add new class CIM_PrintOutputTray to enhanced printer device model.' has closed

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Fri Apr 20 13:23:34 EDT 2007

Did it pass?  Close but no cigar.

1.  Must change the parent class: okay.

2.a.  Status properties: must triple check against the four new status
properties to see if any of our five can reasonably be subsumed into the
new four.  Offline, for example.  It is possible to add new enum values
to the four new status variables if that makes them more suitable and if
those new values seem of general utility.  That is, we should try to
migrate our status assessment into the new form, which is not an
unreasonable request; and we get to improve the new status variables if
that helps.  Group = us plus Jon Hass.

2.b.  Status properties: any of our five that remain after the exercise
of 2.a. should be labeled as "additional detail included here for
printer-specific and legacy applications" or some such.  Including the
word "legacy" seems to be important.  And our future profile will
describe the correlation between different properties.

3.  I need a better explanation of why we are including the Id field in
all subunit classes rather than using an association to express, for
instance, what is the default tray.  I couldn't remember a better
reason, and hinting at the presence of a weak relationship would be a
serious faux pas.

Yes, I ranted about Why didn't I hear this on the last several ballots?
The status properties have been there for five or six weeks and this is
the third ballot.  What else will come up the next time?

Officially, it stands as "Needs update.  Will discuss rationalizing the
status properties with the new status properties.  Does not need
re-ballot."  That's about as close as we will get today.

Ira, I'll try to set up a phone call with you and I and Jon Hass at
least.  Next week will be tricky because of the f2f, so others may not
be available.

Yours in limbo,

rick