WIMS> CIM> Colorant Role is a C, right?

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Thu May 17 18:26:13 EDT 2007

Ira, I note in the Conclusions spreadsheet that we decided that the
colorant Role should be a C rather than an A.  We all voted A and then
decided C.  I don't recall the argument, but I'll bet it was something
about being able to determine the role from the number and colors of
colorants, but who knows.  In any case, gonzo, right?  So the only
property that we must absorb into Supply from Colorant is Value.

(It is just wildly conceivable that there is an office aisle-ender class
printer with both spot and process colors, but they won't be the same
color.  E.g., if black exists, it is either a process color or a spot
color, never both.)

rick

Richard_Landau(at)dell(dot)com, Stds & System Mgt Architecture, CTO
Office
+1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3, MS RR5-09, Round Rock, TX 78682