WIMS> CIM> DMTF Alliance Partner draft presentation

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Fri Jul 20 13:16:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

Converted to PDF and stored at:

HYPERLINK "ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/presentations/07JUL-DMTF-Alliance-Partner-Technical-Symposium.pdf"ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/presentations/07JUL-DMTF-Alliance-Partner-Technical-Symposium.pdf

About mapping services to devices:

(1) IPP/1.1 (RFC 2911) defines the Job attribute
     output-device-assigned (name(127))

(2) IPP Job Extensions (PWG 5100.7) defines the Printer (i.e.,
     CIM_PrintService) attribute:
     output-device-supported (1setOf name(127))

These  map cleanly to CIM_Printer (i.e., PrintDevice):
     CIM_ManagedSystemElement.Name

So we should define:

(1) CIM_Printer.Name
     a refinement of CIM_ManagedSystemElement.Name
     - using Override clause to map to sysName in MIB-II and/or
       prtGeneralPrinterName in Printer MIB v2

(2) CIM_PrintService.OutputDevicesSupported, a string array
     of Name property values for the class CIM_Printer.

(3) CIM_AssociatedPrinter, an association class for a CIM_Printer
     (device) with a scoping CIM_PrintService

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434