WIMS> CIM - Order of next printing updates

WIMS> CIM - Order of next printing updates

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Mon Oct 29 14:53:18 EDT 2007

Nice idea, but...

1.  I would *really* hate to wait to get the new properties into
Printer.  I think we ought to leap on those with both feet.  Deprecation
is slightly less important.

2.  The time between public CIM versions is three months, not four to
six.  If we miss version N, then version N+1 is published three months
later.  We think that it is longer because of the delta between
CR-approved and next schema version published dates.

Let me ask Crandall if we can possibly fudge the deprecation for the
properties that we want to move from Printer to PrintService.  If we are
going to keep the same property name and semantics, maybe it is not
crazy to say "This property will be moved...."

rick