WIMS> CIM> What is the W for?

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 6 16:04:26 EST 2009

Bill... I'm OK with "Systems" and I REALLY LIKE "Solutions".

Regards,
Harry

Harry Lewis
Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Open Standards
Phone: 303-924-5337
e-mail: harryl at us.ibm.com
infoprint.com

P Think before you print

"William A Wagner" <wamwagner at comcast.net>
Sent by: owner-wims at pwg.org
01/06/2009 01:11 PM

<wims at pwg.org>
cc

Subject
RE: WIMS> CIM> What is the W for?

Craig and Harry,

OK. You find ?semantics? too limiting and too  tied in with the more
general Semantic Model activities.

But it is unlikely that we will define with management systems or
management services.

How about ?Workgroup for Imaging Management Solutions? ? That certainly is
general enough to cover anything we are likely to address and non-specific
enough so that  anything we do address satisfies the term.

Comments?

Thanks,

Bill Wagner