IFX Mail Archive: IFX> RE: IPP> REG - Proposal for "

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 23:36:42 EDT

    Michael,

    Now I'm more confused. The purpose of "job-recipient-name" was NOT
    notification, but indicating who was the intended recipient of the hardcopy
    produced by a job when the intended recipient is different than the
    submitting user. In other words, a way to help get the hard copy to the
    intended recipient (singular). There are all sorts of ways this could
    actually happen (all outside the scope of the standard):

    all recipients look through a single pile for their stuff looking for their
    name on the banner sheet

    people file job output in mail boxes labeled with recipient names according
    to the recipient name on the banner sheet

    the operator hand delivers output to folks' desks according to the recipient
    name on the banner sheet.

    etc.

    Tom