IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> Legal Requirements on Classic fax

RE: IFX> Legal Requirements on Classic fax

From: MAEDA toru (maeda.toru@canon.co.jp)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 04:07:27 EST

    Wing-san

    I understand that all common mailers, including Eudora, Netscape, pine,
    and many others, are capable of handling RFC2047-encoded headers.
    But printing or imaging RFC2047-encoded headers are different capability.
    I am not sure that you can print out my email signature in Japanese below.

    -----------------------------------
    $B%-%d%N%s3t<02q<R(B
    $B1GA|;vL35!(BMIE$B?d?J%;%s%?!<(B
    $B1GA|;vL35!(BMIE$BBh#23+H/It(B
    $BA0ED!!E0(B
    146-8501$B!!El5~ETBgED6h2<4];R#3!]#3#0!]#2(B
    $BEEOC!!(B03-3757-9738$B!"(BFAX$B!!(B03-3757-8205
    -----------------------------------

    Toru Maeda

    At 18:46 01/02/13 -0800, Dan Wing wrote:
    >On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:29 +0900, MAEDA toru wrote:
    >
    > > Jim-san
    > >
    > > We designed that the IFAX header is similer as G3 header.
    > > The IFAX header consists of date, time,mail address of transmitter and
    > page
    > > number.
    > > One of reason that fax header is send as image form is character font
    > > converting to image.
    > > The receiver could not print the information form transmitter
    > > when Japanese characters are send from the transmitter in the information.
    >
    >Hi.
    >
    >RFC2047-encoded headers can handle non-ASCII character sets, including
    >Japanese. Almost all common mailers, including Eudora, Netscape, pine,
    >and many others, are capable of handling RFC2047-encoded headers when both
    >sending and receiving messages.
    >
    >-d
    >
    > > I know that the user may not understand the Japanese characters in the
    > > image header.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Toru Maeda

    MAEDA TORU