IFX Mail Archive: IFX> RFC archive iin PDF

IFX> RFC archive iin PDF

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 16:21:43 EST

    Hi folks,

    From the current RFC Editor 'News' <http://www.rfc-editor.org/news.html>

    The RFC Editor web pages have been reformatted for greater convenience.

    The primary version of every RFC is encoded as an ASCII text file, which was
    once the Lingua Franca of the computer world. However, users of Microsoft
    Windows often have difficulty displaying vanilla ASCII text files with the
    correct pagination. To meet this need, the RFC Editor plans to henceforth
    provide a PDF format version of every RFC.

    The RFC search engine at www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html now has buttons
    labeled:

                 RFC File: [X] ASCII+ [ ] PDF.

    Choosing "PDF" will return the PDF version when the Number hyperlink is
    activated.
    NOTE: We have not yet settled on the file names to be used for the new PDF
    repository, so it would be premature to build the present names
    (pdfrfc/rfcnnnn.pdf) into any scripts.

    Don Wright - you may now say "I told you so..."

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald
      High North Inc