IFX Mail Archive: IFX> More PDFax files...

IFX> More PDFax files...

From: Rick Seeler (rseeler@adobe.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 12:20:45 EDT

    If you've been waiting to see some more 'PDFax' example files, I've
    attached a few that might be of interest.

    The file 'PDFaxJPEG.pdf' is the simplest example. It is just a
    grayscale JPEG of the Adobe logo (it's small). Open the file with
    'Wordpad' to see comments that I've added.

    The next file 'PDFaxJPEGEncrypted.pdf' is the same as the last file but
    it has been encrypted -- all objects are in the same order and same
    numbering as 'PDFaxJPEG' with the addition of the second object (#13)
    that is the encryption key object. The user password is '12345', the
    owner password is '54321'.

    The third file 'PDFaxJPEGdsigSecure.pdf' is the same as
    'PDFaxJPEGEncrypted.pdf' but has been encrypted using 'Self-Sign
    Security' it can only be opened by myself and John Pulera -- the
    password is encrypted using PPK encryption and saved in object 13. This
    is useful for sending a document only to specific individuals without
    having to agree to a password in advance (but you must have their DSIG).

    The last file 'PDFaxFlateandJPEGWithMask.pdf' demonstrates masking in
    PDF. This document consists of three images: a color gradient, a gray
    scale gradient, and a bi-level text image. I use the text to mask off a
    portion of the color gradient to be displayed over the gray scale
    background. Again, there are comments in the file.

    Let me know if you have any questions. I will be trying to make two
    more samples: one that shows a transparent mask (anti-aliased edges)
    and another that shows how the PDF would look if it was digitally
    signed.

    Also, you will notice that Acrobat wants to re-write the files once you
    try to close them, that's because it doesn't like the new 'PDFax' key
    that was added to the files -- just close the file without rewriting.