IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Notification Requirements

RE: IPP> Notification Requirements

Gordon, Charles (CGordon@wal.osicom.com)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:27:11 -0500

I think you're missing something here. (One of us is anyway). If we
send a notification message to a user, it is reasonable (I think) to
expect that user to use a PC which supports a language he understands to
read the message. The localization will be done by the IPP client
software on that PC. Therefore the client software will also be
localized to the user's language. So the IPP client software will
generate a notification message in the user's language. The IPP server
does not even have to know what language that is. As long as the user
uses a PC with IPP software which has been setup to support his
language, everything should work fine.

In other words, the user who receives the message chooses the language
the message is displayed in by selecting a PC with IPP software which
has already been setup to support his language.
Charles Gordon
Osicom Technologies, Inc.
cgordon@osicom.com
http://www.digprod.com