IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Will vendors implement additional protocols beyond IPP?

RE: IPP> Will vendors implement additional protocols beyond IPP?

Wagner, William (WWagner@wal.osicom.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:46:00 -0500

Jay,

I didn't add a smiley face because it is not funny. The fact is that no
printer OEM ever wants to drop any protocol or service. And since this
is so, I would be less bothered about adding some additional protocols,
if they are useful, then hearing continuing demands for NetBEUI (for
example). I would love to drop LPD (fat chance) and would gladly add a
nice, well defined, well behaved protocol.

W. A. Wagner (Bill Wagner)
OSICOM/DPI