Attending: Carl-Uno Manros, Tom Hastings, Pete Zahler, Roger deBry,
Scott Isaacson, Jay Martin, Ira MacDonald, Randy Turner
1. Carl-Uno said that Don Wright cannot continue as secretary for IPP
telephone conference calls. Carl-Uno will find someone to replace Don.=
2. Paul Moore had said he would try to get the requirements document
from Microsoft on UDP. He has subsequently said that a formal
requirements document does not exist.
3. Randy is working on a proposal for host-to-device. He said he will h=
a document ready by the end of this week. There was some discussion=
whether or not host-to-device was an IETF issue. Carl-Uno wants to =
sure that it is posted as a personl contribution at this point, sin=
has been no review by the working group. Randy's document
- an abstraction of transport layer
- mapping of IPP to TCP/IP
- discussion on notifications
4. Don was to provide documentation on TIPSI elements that would apply
to a host-to-device protocol. Nothing reported yet.
5. Tom and Scott to work on MIB attributes that would be aappropriate f=
host-to-device protocols. Nothing done to date.
6. Some discussion was held on Randy's recent submission on DHCP option=
for IPP. Randy said that it was supposed to have been a personal s=
and not an IPP workgroup submission. Randy said that this was requ=
his host-to-device proposal and he wanted it to be on the IETF sta=
7. Brief discussion of Pete Zahler's testing work. Pete said that he is=
getting a printer on the network for testing and is working on upd=
test plan document
8. Discussion of Notification work items - Requirements document has be=
updated and submitted. Scott and Harry have posted presentation ma=
to the ftp site. Tom asked whether or not anyone had considered d=
for notifications. Ira said that there was some issues with SNMP N=
9. Carl-Uno said that he wants to find a "Champion" for each of the
host-to-device work items. He will work on this.
10. Scott is having ongoing discussions with IPP mapping to SLP and dri=
with the SLP people.
11. Discussed the need to define a new error code and words to go with =
printer busy condition. Randy has posted a discussion to the FTP =
said that he will write up the text for the Model document.
12. Dictionary attributes - Tom and Roger will work on this with the go=
a proposal for the enxt PWG meeting.
13. Carl Uno asked if anyone wanted to work with Tom on Document attrib=
No one offered.
14. An old homework item was discussed - the registration of mime types=
No specific action item was taken.
15. There was some discussion of Tom's proposal for early binding of de=
attributes. The consensus seemd to be that this was not just a s=
to the Model document. The possibility of having some vendor(s) =
as a private extension was discussed.
16. Carl-uno is looking for someone to be the editor of an "Implementor=
17. There was soem discussion on UDP, but no one felt that they unders=
what follow-on activities were planned. UDP should be a separa=
group from IPP.
18. Reminder that the next IPP face to face meeting is April 8-9 in Por=
Roger K deBry
Senior Technical Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems