IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Host to device

RE: IPP> Host to device

don@lexmark.com
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 17:03:18 -0500

Charles:

TCP/IP is the inbound transport from the client to the server. We are
talking here about the server to the printer. That connection could be
anything. This discussion is certainly appropriate for the Printer Working
Group chartered IPP group. While the IETF can pretend that only TCP/IP is
used for communication, the reality is that most printers are not connected
to computers using TCP/IP.

* Don Wright don@lexmark.com *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances *
* Lexmark International *
* 740 New Circle Rd *
* Lexington, Ky 40550 *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax) *