IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Host to device

Re: IPP> Host to device

Jay Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Fri, 03 Apr 1998 17:14:54 -0500

I was really hoping the IPP WG would be constrained to *only*
handling print requests over the "Internet", and that the more
functional host-to-device protocol would be addressed via a
different project within the PWG (or WG under the IETF, if that's
preferred).

If I read Roger's approach correctly, it would appear that TIP/SI
is being used as nothing more than a thin wrapper around IPP in
exactly the same manner as the HTTP approach. This is highly
undesirable, IMHO.

...jay

-- JK Martin | Email: jkm@underscore.com --
-- Underscore, Inc. | Voice: (603) 889-7000 --
-- 41C Sagamore Park Road | Fax: (603) 889-2699 --
-- Hudson, NH 03051-4915 | Web: http://www.underscore.com --