IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> ADM - Progressing IPP

RE: IPP> ADM - Progressing IPP

Zehler, Peter (Peter.Zehler@usa.xerox.com)
Fri, 1 May 1998 04:50:09 PDT

All,
To further progress IPP we should set a date, or week, of intense testing
across the Internet. I propose the week of May 11 to 15 for our first
round. I know there are some implementations out there. Its about time to
see if they can interoperate at some level. I am ready to test immediately.
I can use an IPP Client to talk to your IPP Printer or the other way around.
(The first full scale test should also give us some TES business to discuss
at the next IPP meeting.)
If the proposed date is inappropriate someone pick another and we will do
it then too. I want to see some movement. It appears that this may be the
next step in the IPP standardization process.

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Networked Products Business Unit