IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Test

RE: IPP> Test

Zehler, Peter (Peter.Zehler@usa.xerox.com)
Mon, 11 May 1998 04:12:54 PDT

Harry,
So far the only companies that have openly announced interest in testing
this week are Auco, IBM, and Xerox. I have given IBM and AUCO the URL of
Xerox's IPP Printer. This printer is (I hope) available anytime for running
tests against. Anyone interested may contact me for the URL. This week you
will need to contact me via phone. I will be out of the office and only
able to respond by phone.
I just want to get anyone who has something close to ready to give it a try.
This is an opportunity to work out firewall, proxy, basic connectivity and
simple IPP protocol issues prior to structured testing.
At our upcoming meeting I hope we can finally get some interest in the group
as a whole. We can then plan some testing methodology and scheduling to get
us on our way. I will have an update to the test plan by then. I hope we
can come away from that meeting with some concrete testing plans.
Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Networked Products Business Unit