IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Re: Implications of introducing new scheme and port for existing HTTP servers

RE: IPP> Re: Implications of introducing new scheme and port for existing HTTP servers

Scott Lawrence (lawrence@agranat.com)
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 09:07:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Zehler, Peter wrote:

> Scott,
> Will your product require no change at all if it is the front end for a
> standard web server and an IPP Printer? It seems this would require your
> product to listen to 2 ports.

It is common for a single server to listen on multiple ports. As
Peter Melquist from HP pointed out, there is even a well known port for
network management over HTTP (280). Our server will listen on whatever
ports the system tells it to.