IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Implications of a new scheme, etc

RE: IPP> Implications of a new scheme, etc

Roger K Debry (rdebry@us.ibm.com)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 08:34:28 -0400

Josh,

I will make the impact statement for IPP on the wire stronger, as
you suggest. I think Carl Kugler has pointed out that the HTTP
on the wire column is just Larry Masinter's proposal, which I
hope you will agree causes no impact to proxies. Since this
column does imply a new port number, isn't this enough to
distinguish this for firewall purposes?

Roger K deBry
Senior Technical Staff Member
Architecture and Technology