IPP Mail Archive: Re: RE: RE: IPP> Identifying jobs in requests

Re: RE: RE: IPP> Identifying jobs in requests

Carl Kugler (kugler@us.ibm.com)
8 Jun 1998 15:55:59 -0000

> We agreed recently that the following operation attributes would be ordered.
> attributes-charset (always first for requests and responses)
> attributes-natural-language (always second for requests and response)
> printer-uri or job-uri (always third for requests, though we are discusses
> whether it should be present)
> job-id (always fourth for requests if present )

Agreed, but I am using "special position" in the sense that it was used earlier, in the PRO document, to describe attributes that are outside the normal attribute groups, placed either in the transport layer or in a fixed position in the application/ipp body.