IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Proposal for new IPP scheme

Re: IPP> Proposal for new IPP scheme

Robert Herriot (robert.herriot@Eng.Sun.COM)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:39:59 -0700

This looked like a reasonable proposal until I got to the very last line:

3. A full IPP URL (e.g., ipp://myhost.com/myprinter/myqueue)

The whole proposal is one of keeping ipp as a convenience notation and
making ipp not appear on the wire. So why should a server ever have to
accept #3 above?

Bob Herriot