In today's phone conference, which included the editors and most of the
main stakeholders in the IPP project, the following agreements were arrived
1) We will update our documents to include a new default port for IPP. The
application for that port has already been sent to IANA for processing.
To use the default port number, it will need to be explicitly included in
IPP URLs using the "http:" scheme.
2) Will will NOT pursue the "ipp:" scheme proposal for inclusion in IPP
V1.0, as it seems to give us more issues than it resolves at present. We
can continue this discussion as a separate topic after IPP V1.0 has been
3) We will NOT pursue further discussion of a new HTTP method for IPP in
4) We will keep the Printer and Job URIs in the application/ipp as
currently defined. They are mandated to be semantically equivalent with any
corresponding URI information in the HTTP layer. No changes needed to the
5) We will document that the minimum length of all text strings are 0
unless otherwise specified.
6) Scott Isaacson will provide an updated version of the Model & Semantics
document in time for next week's phone conference.
7) Paul Moore indicated that he wants to register a few new operations as
extensions to IPP. These will be presented and discussed in the upcoming
IPP meeting in Monterey.
If any of you WG members who were not in the phone conference wants to
object to any of these ananimous agreements, please speak up NOW.
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514