Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems
email@example.com on 06/17/98 01:49:13 PM
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IPP> ADM - Results from the IPP Phone Conference 980617
In today's phone conference, which included the editors and most of the=
main stakeholders in the IPP project, the following agreements were arr=
1) We will update our documents to include a new default port for IPP. =
application for that port has already been sent to IANA for processing.=
To use the default port number, it will need to be explicitly included =
IPP URLs using the "http:" scheme.
2) Will will NOT pursue the "ipp:" scheme proposal for inclusion in IPP=
V1.0, as it seems to give us more issues than it resolves at present. W=
can continue this discussion as a separate topic after IPP V1.0 has bee=
3) We will NOT pursue further discussion of a new HTTP method for IPP i=
4) We will keep the Printer and Job URIs in the application/ipp as
currently defined. They are mandated to be semantically equivalent with=
corresponding URI information in the HTTP layer. No changes needed to t=
5) We will document that the minimum length of all text strings are 0
unless otherwise specified.
6) Scott Isaacson will provide an updated version of the Model & Semant=
document in time for next week's phone conference.
7) Paul Moore indicated that he wants to register a few new operations =
extensions to IPP. These will be presented and discussed in the upcomin=
IPP meeting in Monterey.
If any of you WG members who were not in the phone conference wants to
object to any of these ananimous agreements, please speak up NOW.
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514