IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> IPP 2 IFAX Integration..

RE: IPP> IPP 2 IFAX Integration..

Carl-Uno Manros (carl@manros.com)
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 20:18:52 -0700

Richard,

Many of the IPP members are very busy this week due to our inter-operability
testing exercise September 23-25. However, the subject of IPP & IFAX is
already
on our agenda for next week's meeting in Savannah. With your permission, I
would like to hand out copies of your current draft in next that meeting
as a basis for discussion and hopefully some useful feedback to you.
Thanks for your efforts so far.

Carl-Uno

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ipp@pwg.org [mailto:owner-ipp@pwg.org]On Behalf Of Richard
Shockey
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 1998 6:35 PM
To: ipp@pwg.org
Subject: IPP> IPP 2 IFAX Integration..

As a result of some presentations by Larry Masinter at IETF Chicago I have
been working on a Memorandum that might outline some strategies for the
development of IPP as a facsimile service and review at some of the
protocol mappings necessary to achieve some form of integration between IPP
and the Internet Fax work now being undertaken in the IETF-FAX WG.

I have a pretty raw draft in process that could use some critical review by
members of this list.

If anyone here would like to see what I have come up with so far and
provide me with some comments and review...please email me privately and
I'll send it along.

This may be an appropriate agenda item for your upcoming meetings.

One of the things I have noticed in my review of IPP documents is the lack
of a clear explanation of how or if all job transactions are time/date
stamped. Is this a requirement?

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110