IPP Mail Archive: Re: RE: RE: IPP> MOD> Issue 1.19 [REVISITED - charset

Re: RE: RE: IPP> MOD> Issue 1.19 [REVISITED - charset

Carl Kugler (kugler@us.ibm.com)
9 Nov 1998 19:29:11 -0000

Tom wrote:
> Your concern is why I proposed a SHOULD, not a MUST in the following:

Okay. It's just that the SHOULD makes me feel obligated to attempt it (endeavor to extract an attributes-charset from a malformed request), even though I don't think that's the wisest course in this case. The "out", as you suggest, is to avoid sending text in the response. However, I still need to put something in the response "attributes-charset".

-----
See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/ipp/?start=4840