IPP Mail Archive: IPP> TES - Re: Concerns regarding the NLO test scripts [and non-spooli

IPP> TES - Re: Concerns regarding the NLO test scripts [and non-spooli

Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:13:57 -0800

The newest version of the test scripts and test tool that will be available
tonight on the Xerox Web site, has a feature whereby you can edit your
MyPrinterDefs.text file to indicate that your printer doesn't spool. Then
each job that is submitted (after the first) waits until you type p<Enter>
to proceed with the next job submission.

By the way, the two NLO scripts have been combined into the bo37.test script
which corresponds to Section 3.7 of the Bake Off Test Plan.

> 2. For the NLO3of4b test that uses the Get-Jobs request, I
> needed to
> add the "which-jobs" attribute with "completed" in order to
> get the jobs
> that the test was looking for. Will we have the opportunity
> at the bake-off
> to change the script to accommodate this?

Certainly. Anyone can edit the scripts (and/or contribute new scripts).
Feel free to fix them before the Bake Off and during the Bake Off. However,
in order to make sure we are using the same scripts, please also indicate
the problems you are having with the scripts, such as you have here, so that
we can come up with a fix together for the scripts that we are all using.

So please send any problems with scripts to the ipp@pwg.org DL with "TES - "
as the first 6 characters of the Subject line.

However, it looks like the scripts that are tailored for non-spooling
printers needs to be enhanced to submit with which-jobs set to 'completed'.
Or perhaps even better to look for each job both ways. I'll think about
enhancing the scripts to be more robust in finding jobs. If I get such an
update to script bo37.test, I'll post it on the PWG server under:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Test_Scripts/Xerox/

By the way, if there are other tools and scripts for the BakeOff, please
create a sub-directory under new_TES/Test_Scripts/ and add your scripts.
If you have an improved script or a completely new script for the Xerox Test
Tool, please add it to the new_TES/Test_Scripts/Xerox/ sub-directory. If it
is an improvement to an existing script, please add additional characters on
to the end of the file name to distinguish it, such as the 9903nn date.
Also please summarize the changes up front as is already being done for the
changes since the September bakeoff.

Thanks
Tom Hastings