IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> NOT - "Job Independent Subscription Event Notification" spec post

Re: IPP> NOT - "Job Independent Subscription Event Notification" spec post

kugler@us.ibm.com
Fri, 21 May 1999 22:54:55 -0000

<918c79ab552bd211a2bd00805f15ce85013543e-@x-crt-es-ms1.cp10.es.xerox.com> wrote:
Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/ipp/?start=5827

> 1. Added the lease time concept from Jini and SLP event
> notification mechanisms, where the client requests a lease, but may be
> granted more or less, depending on the "notify-lease-time-supported
> (rangeOfInteger) attribute.

Since you've brought up Jini event notification mechanisms, what would be the appropriate "notify-recipients" delivery method uriScheme value for Jini notification mechanisms?

BTW, have Jini event notification mechanisms been discussed in detail anywhere? I'm also interested in mapping this event notification model to an IBM TSpaces delivery method (see http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/tspaces).

-Carl