IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> OPS - Need better titles for the

Re: IPP> OPS - Need better titles for the Set2 and Set3 documents

From: henrik.holst@i-data.com
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 05:29:10 EST

    -
    Hi think we should call them

    "Job & Printer Administrative Operations"
    "Device Administrative Operations"

    And not mention anything about set2 and set3 operations.

    Henrik

    "Hastings, Tom N" <hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com> on 29-02-2000 00:27:47

    To: Ron Bergman <rbergma@hitachi-hkis.com>, Tom Hastings
          <hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com>, cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com
    cc: ipp <ipp@pwg.org> (bcc: Henrik Holst/INT)

    Subject: IPP> OPS - Need better titles for the Set2 and Set3 documents

    Sounds like a problem we should fix in the titles of Set2 and Set3.
    However, Carl-Uno and I suggest that we should have some more description in
    the title too, such as:

    Internet Printing Protocol: Additional Administrative Operations, Set 2

    or:

    Internet Printing Protocol: Additional Job and Printer Operations, Set 2

    and:

    Internet Printing Protocol: Device Operations, Set 3

    (or should the latter be Set 1, since we haven't had any Device operation
    yet?)

    For comparison, the current name for the Set operations is:

    Internet Printing Protocol: Job and Printer Set Operations

    Carl-Uno suggests we discuss this on the IPP telecon this Wednesday, and on
    the mailing list.

    Comments?

    Tom