IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> OPS - Ok that the 'any-value' out

Re: IPP> OPS - Ok that the 'any-value' out-of-band value has an attribute value? [URGENT email discussion needed]

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 07:57:20 EST

    "Hastings, Tom N" wrote:
    > I agree completely. And I think that the Conformance section 5.2.6
    > of the Model and Semantics is saying exactly that:

    Hmm, I'm not sure it is. My impression is that the paragraph as
    stated indicates that you are only required to handle the values
    defined in the Model document, and not any additional values that
    might be defined by an extension.

    I think we need to change it to read:

        An IPP object MUST be able to accept any of the attribute syntaxes
        defined in Section 4.1, including their full range and any
    >>> value tags that are undefined in this document, in any operation
        in which a client may supply attributes or the system ...

    Section 4.1 only covers the standard attributes, but not the
    extension attributes...

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com