IPP Mail Archive: IPP> ADM - IPP Working Group Last Call for

From: Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 16:43:34 EDT

    All,

    This is a working group Last Call for the "Internet Printing Protocol (IPP):
    Job and Printer Set Operations". A version of this documents has been
    forwarded to the Internet
    Draft directory as <draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-02.txt>

    PDF and Word versions of the drafts are also posted at the ietf-ipp web
    site:

              ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/

    The Last Call notice follows:

    This is a formal request for final comments within the IETF IPP
    working group for one document. The document is "Internet Printing Protocol

    (IPP): Job and Printer Set Operations" which is being proposed for
    forwarding
    on to the IESG for consideration as Standards Track RFC.

    This is a working group product, which has been thoroughly discussed since
    mid 1999.

    The document has undergone review and revisions during the past few
    months and I believe that we now have working group consensus on its
    adequacy.

    Note that the content in this draft is a subset from an earlier draft called

    the "Set 2 Operations", which means that you have actually seen more
    versions
    of this draft text as the current draft version number suggests.

    The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
    forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
    not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
    correction.

    Last Calls are for a minimum of 2 weeks. The period for working group
    comments
    will close on Friday, 12 May, 2000 (US Pacific time reference), to allow
    extra
    time due to the Easter Holidays.

    The relevant document is:

            Title : Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer
    Set
                  Operations
            Author(s): T. Hastings, R. Herriot, C. Kugler, H. Lewis
            Filename : draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-02.txt
            Pages : 51
            Date : 18-Apr-00

    This document specifies 3 additional OPTIONAL operations for use with
    the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2565, RFC2566], IPP/1.1
    [ipp-mod, ipp-pro], and future versions. The end user, operator, and
    administrator Set-Job-Attributes and Set-Printer-Attributes operations
    are used to modify IPP Job objects and Printer objects, respectively.
    The third administrator Get-Printer-Supported-Values operation returns
    values that the IPP Printer will accept for setting its 'xxx-supported'
    attributes.

    A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-02.tx

    Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
    "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
    type "cd internet-drafts" and then
            "get draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-02.txt".

    http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

    Send a message to:
            mailserv@ietf.org.
    In the body type:
            "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-02.txt".

    NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
            MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this
            command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
            a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
            how to manipulate these messages.

    Sincerely,

    Carl-Uno Manros
    Chair of IETF IPP WG

     Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
    Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
    Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com