IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Re: Root OID for IPP Printer Sche

RE: IPP> Re: Root OID for IPP Printer Schema

From: Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 16:18:45 EDT

    Bruce,

    I think we have an added problem in that Sun also intends to use this branch
    for some of their private extensions which go beyond the standardized
    values. I think that mixing the two on the same OID branch would cause more
    confusion then what it is worth.

    Carl-Uno

    Carl-Uno Manros
    Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
    Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514