IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> ADM - Pick your favorite notifica

RE: IPP> ADM - Pick your favorite notification delivery method by July 7

From: Anthony.Porter@xeikon.com
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 11:31:37 EDT

    Ira,
    Yes, I would be interested, although I think there might be some confusion
    between specifying a pager or short message service as an IPP notification
    mechanism and actualy implementing it. Implementations are likely to differ
    between countries. The original IPP notification spec had a provision for
    pager notification, and that was all we needed.

    I think that the special requirements of SMS may be similar to the Japanese
    i-mode. Even if it is possible to request an i-mode notification as an
    email, it might be better to treat it as a pager/short message notification
    for IPP purposes.

    Perhaps Yuji Sasaki is interested in joining in.