IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> ADM - Pick your favorite notifica

RE: IPP> ADM - Pick your favorite notification delivery method by July 7

From: Herriot, Robert (Robert.Herriot@pahv.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 18:24:30 EDT

    Indeed email is the only notification that is a true Internet protocol, but
    it is intended for notification to a human rather than to machine.

    For notification to a machine, Indp is great within the intranet, and
    ipp-get works on the Internet. But ipp-get is really polling with some hints
    from the Printer about when to poll again.

    So each Delivery Method is flawed.

    My vote is:

    2 email
    1 indp