IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> OPS - Redirect-Job (a ka Move-Job

RE: IPP> OPS - Redirect-Job (a ka Move-Job) included in Job and P rinter Admin (Set2) spec

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 15:50:01 EDT

    Carl,

    We considered your request to either add 'any' as a new out-of-band value,
    or to extend the existing 'unknown' out-of-band (OOB) value to mean any.
    The group agreed to add 'any', since it requires an updated client to not be
    confused querying the Printer before sending the job, if the client queries
    the Printer as to what it supports before sending the job. (On the other
    hand, an existing client that is simply querying the Printer will become
    confused by a new OOB value).

    You only requested it for "document-format-supported" (for use by a Printer
    object that represents a Document Repository, instead of an output device).

    However, in this example you are suggesting that the OOB value could also be
    used as the value of the "redirection-printers-supported" (1setOf uri)
    Printer attribute, correct?

    Tom