The 1.1.1 release of the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS") is
now available for download from the CUPS web site at:
CUPS 1.1.1 fixes several small bugs as well as some build and
security issues that have been identified by CUPS users.
Binaries for several platforms are available.
Changes in v1.1.1 include:
- The pstoraster Makefile still referenced one of the
old PDF filter files.
- The filter Makefile used INSTALL_DATA instead of
INSTALL_LIB to install the CUPS image library.
- The administration CGI didn't work properly with
- The BrowseACL variable was not updated after the
cupsd.conf file was loaded.
- The lpd mini-daemon didn't support printer instances.
- Now use a default umask of 077 for child processes.
- Now put temp files in /var/spool/cups/tmp for child
processes and the root user, unless TMPDIR or TempDir
is defined otherwise.
- cupsGetPPD() no longer uses easy-to-guess filenames.
- The CUPS-Delete-Class and CUPS-Delete-Printer
operations now save classes.conf file as needed.
- The lppasswd command wouldn't add a user.
- The ppdOpen() function could cause a segfault if a
0-length PPD file was read.
- The image filters were not handling images with
different X and Y resolutions properly.
- The imagetoraster filter defaulted to RGB output
instead of black output like pstoraster.
- The pstops filter didn't handle binary data properly.
- The pstops filter didn't handle copies properly for
PS files lacking DSC comments.
- The pstops filter now appends %%EOF to the end of
documents if they don't have it.
- The cupsGetPPD() function didn't work with remote
printers lacking the @server in the name.
- The configure script didn't work right when only
--prefix was specified.
- The ppdEmit() code now wraps all printer commands so
that buggy PostScript printers will still print a file
after receiving an option that isn't available.
- Fixed the DeskJet margin bug, and disabled 600dpi
color mode until it can be fixed.
- The cupsAddDest() function didn't sort instances
correctly in all cases.
- The time-at-xyz attributes now expand to the date and
time in banner files.
-- ______________________________________________________________________ Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products email@example.com Printing Software for UNIX http://www.easysw.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Jul 21 2000 - 15:40:22 EDT