IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP>NOT mailto feature from IETF meeti

RE: IPP>NOT mailto feature from IETF meeting (RE: IPP> ADM - The IPP Notification I-Ds will now go the IESG)

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 19:03:36 EDT

    Hi Bob,

    I agree entirely with Ned Freed's suggestion of 'multipart/report'
    and your proposal below.

    I have been trying for several months (on this list and on IPP WG
    telecons) to urge that we build support for machine-readable into
    the 'mailto:' scheme.

    If we were doing Instant Messaging, we couldn't have the feature,
    but most currently deployed SMTP/IMAP/POP infrastructure supports
    MIME and 'application/ipp' is a stable, well-defined MIME content
    type.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
      High North Inc