IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP>NOT mailto feature from IETF meeti

RE: IPP>NOT mailto feature from IETF meeting (RE: IPP> ADM - The IPP Notification I-Ds will now go the IESG)

From: Herriot, Robert (Robert.Herriot@pahv.xerox.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 14:24:04 EDT

    From: pmoore@peerless.com [mailto:pmoore@peerless.com]
    Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 2:55 PM

    First - we all agreed not to do it. This seems like a good reason not to do
    it.

    [rgh reply]
    I concur that at the last meeting we did agree not to have a Machine
    Consumable format in 'mailto'. However, earlier this year we were going in
    the opposite direction and tried to get a Machine Consumable format to work
    in 'mailto'. We seemed to give up because the solutions were too complex.

    When I discovered this simple solution, I thought it would be good to find
    out if PWG member are opposed to a Machine Consumable format regardless of
    the solution or are opposed only to complex solutions.

    Bob Herriot