IPP Mail Archive: IPP> ADM - IPP WG Last Call for Internet P

From: Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 17:57:20 EDT

  • Next message: Harald Alvestrand: "Re: IPP> New PROPOSED STANDARD document for publishing as RFC - Internet P rinting Protocol (IPP): LDAP Schema for Printer Services <draft-ietf-ipp- ldap-printer-schema-03.txt>"

    All,

    This is a second IPP WG Last Call for the following document. The reason for
    the second Last Call is that it was not clearly stated in the earlier Last
    Call what status we should ask the IESG to give this document. It is now
    clear that the editors want to see this document as a PROPOSED STANDARD
    document. To verify that there are no objections to that classification from
    the IPP WG members, I am now repeating the Last Call, now on a slightly
    modified version as result from the comments received on our earlier Last
    Call.

    We will start the Last Call period today August 15, 2000 and close it on
    August 29, 2000.

    Below are the details about the document:

            Title : Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): LDAP Schema for
                              Printer Services
            Author(s) : P. Fleming, K. Jones, H. Lewis, I. McDonald
            Filename : draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-03.txt
            Pages : 26
            Date : 09-Aug-00

    This document is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
    Group, chartered by the IETF. Comments should be sent to the
    ipp@pwg.org mailing list and the principal editor
    flemingp@us.ibm.com.
    This document defines a common printer schema for use with LDAP
    directories (a directory service supporting the Lightweight Directory
    Access Protocol (LDAP)). Using this common printer schema enables
    client applications to use LDAP to search for printers using
    application or user specified search criteria. Searches are defined
    based on the entry's type and attributes independent of the LDAP
    directory being used.

    A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-03.tx

    Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
    "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
    type "cd internet-drafts" and then
            "get draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-03.txt".

    http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

    Send a message to:
            mailserv@ietf.org.
    In the body type:
            "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-03.txt".

    NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
            MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this
            command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
            a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
            how to manipulate these messages.

    Carl-Uno Manros
    Chair of IETF IPP WG

    Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
    Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
    Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com