IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> machine readable etc. - why Harry

RE: IPP> machine readable etc. - why Harry is right

From: Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 17:03:55 EDT

    P.S. I don't mean to convey the impression that notifications must be
    aligned on chunk boundaries. It's just that chunking is important for this
    application since the Content-Length is difficult to determine in advance.
    So, if you are cranking out a lot of page-level notifications on a 1000 PPM
    printer, I don't see any problem with putting multiple notifications in one
    HTTP chunk.

    P.P.S. As I mentioned earlier, the buffering proxy is a mythical beast.
    Server builders abhor the possibility of infinite buffers.

    ---------------------- Forwarded by Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM on 08/22/2000