IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> machine readable etc. - why Harry

RE: IPP> machine readable etc. - why Harry is right

From: Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 16:54:43 EDT

    "Herriot, Robert" <Robert.Herriot@pahv.xerox.com> wrote:

> [...]

    Well, I don't know of any off-the-shelf web server that supports IPP. So
    then it's going to depend on the IPP implementation and the server APIs:
    CGI, Servlet, NSAPI, ISAPI, whatever. Those APIs that support chunked
    implementation could divide up the chunks this way. It doesn't really
    matter too much though. You might see some "jitter" in the timing of the
    notification deliveries. Worst case, with the buffering proxy, you get the
    entire Job history in one big blob.

         -Carl