IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> REG - Proposal for "job-reci

RE: IPP> REG - Proposal for "job-recipient-name" Job Template att ribute

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 16:56:35 EDT

    Michael wrote:

    *However*, there are situations where you might want to send a
    document to someone but don't know their user name. *That's*
    what the operator/administrator keywords would address.

    TH> You mean you want to print a job for the operator but don't know the
    operator's name, i.e., you want the operator to be the job recipient? I'd
    be interested for an example situation of when an end user would want to
    print a job for the operator.

    TH> Or do you mean that you want the operator to somehow take the job and
    deliver it to the proper person, for which the submitter doesn't know the
    person's name? I guess that the operator would look at the first few pages
    and hope to find a person's name he/she recognizes?

    TH> Still confused.

    Tom