IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> DRV - Client Print Support Files

RE: IPP> DRV - Client Print Support Files Internet-Draft down-loa ded

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 13:56:09 EST

    Hi Michael,

    I'm pretty sure they _meant_ m68000 (Motorola 68k family).

    Also, what about 'mips5' since the R5 generation has been
    shipping for several years?

    Also, 'sparc-32' and 'sparc-64', since UltraSPARC native code
    is NOT compatible with SPARC.

    I've been saying for several months that the IPP WG members
    are NOT qualified to populate an IANA registry of "cpu-type"
    keywords - I STRONGLY urge that this field be changed to
    descriptive text (human-consumable but NOT machine-consumable).

    Lastly, what the heck is 'itantium' supposed to be? Is this
    an Intel/HP IA-64 family CPU?

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald