IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> No more Bake-offs?

Re: IPP> No more Bake-offs?

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 12:12:20 EST

    "Manros, Carl-Uno B" wrote:
    > Any suggestions for another term that we can use in the future, or
    > do you want to take on a fight with the Doughboy?

    "Test-off"?

    Seeing as "Bake-off" has been in use for a while in computers, and
    since Pillsbury has little to do with computers or computing
    standards, I don't think they'll be able to prove trademark
    infringement (harm/name dillution in the same market) to a judge.

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com