IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Proposed deletions and additions

Re: IPP> Proposed deletions and additions to Media Types for Media Std

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 08:13:43 EDT

    "Hastings, Tom N" wrote:
    > Indicate that all the photographic are one-sided coating (agreed with
    > what I found in the stores - see below).

    Actually, you *can* get double-sided photo-weight media, tho not at
    Staples. I have a box of matte finish photo paper in our supply
    cabinet, from Great White I think. I think they also offer a
    double-sided glossy media, as do some other vendors (useful for
    proofing flyers, etc.)

    I'd just leave the single/double-sided coating issue undefined in
    the spec. Don't needlessly restrict the definition when we are just
    trying to come up with generalized media type names...

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com