IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> SSL Client

Re: IPP> SSL Client

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 08:35:43 EST

    On Thursday 22 November 2001 08:12 am, lloly@gmx.net wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > it is me again. A time ago I came up with a request on how to go
    > about implementing an IPP-Server. Thanx to your support I have
    > managed to implement the server. The server is implemented with SLL
    > and TLS. Now I want to start testing, but the clients that I have (
    > Xerox, ShinePrint, HP and the one that comes with with Windows 2000)
    > do not support SSL.
    >
    > Does anyone know of an IPP Client that supports SSL?

    CUPS does, and if you need a Windows client to test, just grab the
    CUPS source and open the cups.dsw file under the visualc directory
    (dunno how up to date it is, but you can compile ipptest which allows
    you to send arbitrary requests...)

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com