IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Short Notes from IETF 53

RE: IPP> Short Notes from IETF 53

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 14:36:47 EST

    Hi Carl-Uno,

    Re addressing AD comments on the IPP URL spec, please see the following
    excerpted change log from my release note of the RFC-ready draft-04.

        <draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-04.txt> (10 January 2002)

    I'm sorry I can't find any copy of a note from Ned with specific comments
    on the IPP URL spec (i.e., the previous April 2001 version) during the
    IESG last call in December 2001.

    Appendix X - Change History

       [To be deleted before RFC publication]

       10 January 2002 - draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-04.txt
       - final edits after IESG 'last call' comments;
       - revised all titles in sections 4.x to remove redundant prefix of
         'IPP URL Scheme', for readability;
       - revised 'Abstract', section 1 'Introduction', section 4.1
         'Applicability and Intended Usage', section 4.5 'Syntax in ABNF',
         and section 6 'IANA Considerations', to explicitly state that the
         "ipp" URL scheme is intended for IANA registration in the IETF URL
         scheme tree;
       - revised section 4.5 'Syntax in ABNF', to delete references to
         unused ABNF components from [RFC2396];
       - revised section 11 'Authors' Addresses', to update contact info for
         both editors and to add the IPP Web page and mailing list
         subscription info;
       - moved 'Appendix X - Change History' to back of document, to
         facilitate final edits for RFC publication (including deletion of
         change history);