IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> The "bind" value of the

RE: IPP> The "bind" value of the "finishings" attribute

From: Zehler, Peter (PZehler@crt.xerox.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 11:49:25 EDT

    Bob,

    Was it added as a generic term for any type of binding (e.g. tape, coil
    binding, plastic comb) without identifying the bound edge ? I am not aware
    of the value 'bind' being used for "finishings" in any implementation. Any
    Printer that offers finishing normally describes the type of finishing with
    a specific value instead of the generic 'bind'. (see
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.1.pdf
    <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.1.pdf> ) This spec resolves
    the bind location but still does not qualify the type of binding. Do we
    need to add some new values/qualifiers to the PWG model?

    Pete

            Peter Zehler
    XEROX
    Xerox Architecture Center