IPP Mail Archive: IPP> ACT - IPP "-actual" attribu

From: Dennis Carney (dcarney@us.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 18:54:02 EST

    I have copied version 0.3 of the IPP "-actual" attributes spec to the PWG
    ftp site:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ACT/pwg-ipp-actual-attrs-v03-021216.pdf
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ACT/pwg-ipp-actual-attrs-v03-021216.doc
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ACT/pwg-ipp-actual-attrs-v03-021216-rev.pdf
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ACT/pwg-ipp-actual-attrs-v03-021216-rev.doc

    This version includes the decisions made on the 12/12/02 Semantic Model
    teleconference.

    This version is intended to be a candidate for a last call to begin in a
    few weeks.

    It was agreed that all discussion of this spec will occur on the Semantic
    Model mailing list. However, I copied this announcement to the IPP mailing
    list so the existence of the spec was known.

    The abstract:
    This document defines an extension to the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0
    (IPP/1.0) [RFC2566, RFC2565] & IPP/1.1 [RFC2911, RFC2910] for the OPTIONAL
    "-actual" set of Job Description attributes that correspond to Job Template
    attributes defined in IPP. These "-actual" attributes allow the client to
    determine the true results of a print job regardless of what was specified
    in the Create-Job or Print-Job operation.

    Note that it was discussed on the telecon that I would replace section 2.1,
    the Conformance Terminolgy section, with a better version that Tom Hastings
    and Ira McDonald have been working on. The new improved version of that
    section is not ready yet, so I'm going to put out a 0.3 version without
    that change, then possibly pick up that change in the last call version.

    Dennis Carney
    IBM Printing Systems