IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Should we do a PWG IPP/1.2 standa

RE: IPP> Should we do a PWG IPP/1.2 standard?

From: Zehler, Peter (PZehler@crt.xerox.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 12:07:15 EDT

    Carl-Uno,

    What's an IETF? My objective is to get something, other than an rfc on mail
    or evil bits in IP headers, published. And I want to do it in a timely
    manner. I do not have the luxury of waiting years for our pleads with the
    IETF to be heard. The IETF appears to have little interest in addressing
    the boring subject of printing even though that it is a major source of
    support calls from real users.

    I want to reach consensus and demonstrate interoperable implementations
    before I worry about how long, or if, the IETF will take to move this
    standard forward.

    Pete