IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Print Quality Issue resolution

RE: IPP> Print Quality Issue resolution

From: Zehler, Peter (PZehler@crt.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 06:54:22 EDT

    Harry,

    We felt that there are many different attributes involved in heuristics for
    saving toner and printing fast. Some of those are "resolution", "media" and
    aspects of the document content. We felt the requirements were met by
    keeping the existing "print-quality" values and augmenting them with hints
    on how to process the document content to achieve 'draft' 'normal' and
    'high'. The assumption is that draft is fastest and uses the least toner.

    Pete

    Peter Zehler
    XEROX
    Xerox Innovation Group