RE: MFD> Dec 11 PWG MFD face-to-face meeting minutes available

From: Zehler, Peter (Peter.Zehler@xerox.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2007 - 06:38:42 EST

    Ira,

    I do not want to see that change. When I talk to our driver people
    "settings" is more closely aligned with the default ticket and
    capabilities. Settings can be changed by an administrator or End User
    (often remotely). A configuration can not be as easily changed and
    involves the addition or removal of hardware. There are other mappings
    (see
    <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa507422.aspx>) that are very
    closely aligned with the PWG Semantic model. Their Defaults & Allowed
    Values map to Settings. Their Configuration maps to Subunits (i.e.
    Configuration).

    In the PWG Semantic Model the configuration element is the installed
    hardware for the system or the effective hardware configuration for the
    service (i.e. the service specific view for the subunits used).

    Pete

    Peter Zehler
    XEROX
    Xerox Research Center Webster